Response to Marco Brambilla's 'Ghost'

This is my conceptual response to Marco Brambilla's 'Ghost'. It is not a direct imitation of his work nor is it a remake. Rather, I was inspired by his art film and used his idea behind it as inspiration to make a short motion art piece.

The first step I took was I used one of my response photos to Martin Schoeller to create an illusion photo.




1. I took the photo to Photoshop and used the Magic wand to select her head and her neck from the shot to make a portrait figure. I then got the body from Janelle Monae's cover for The ArchAndroid to put the head on to the body:



2. I got a mezmerising background from google of a really good shot of simulated sea and I got a clip of birds flying by on Youtube:




3. I took all the fotage and images on to Adobe After Effects and created this 5 second clip by overlaying the layers. I completed it in about 10-15 minutes.